2.9.10

Esoteric Wardrobe



Well my lovely readers, I apologise for the lack of activity on my site at the moment, I've had a very full on offline schedule.

Esoteric Wardrobe


I had the lovely opportunity to interview Claudia Maturana from Esoteric Wardrobe, who's a Sydney-based fashion buyer and merchandiser who has recently set up her own online boutique promoting this idea of unique statement pieces at affordable prices.

Q: What inspired you to start up Esoteric Wardrobe, what was the defining moment leading up to it?
A: I've always wanted to have my own store, online shopping has made my dream more tangible, however i was being held back by fear. But one day with the full support of my family and my Boyfriend i thought what the heck and i may as well just give it a shot and see how it goes, and that's how Esoteric Wardrobe was born

Q: Who inspires you stylistically and why?
A: I'm inspired by a number of things. As far as style icons i like Erin wasson, Chloe sevigny, Alexa chung, Daisy Lowe, Olivia Palermo and Leigh Lezark. I'm also inspired by film, tv, people in the street, photo shoots and social media such as blogs, lookbook.nu and weardrobe.com




Q: Who's your favourite fashion photographer and why?
A: I love the photographic work of Hedi Slimane. I can spend hours just admiring the shots on his website. They are beautiful and serene yet have a story to them.




Q: What would be your dream photo shoot and why?
A: A dream photoshoot would be simply to have Hedi Slimane behind the lens and Erin Wasson in front of it, modelling for Esoteric Wardrobe of course.




Q: What's your opinion regarding Sydney fashion and Australia based fashion, in comparison to the more prominent pre-established fashion capitals like Paris, and NYC?
A: I personally think Australia has an array of extremely talented designers that are at our disposal. The clothes are wearable, unique and special. The Australian fashionista is daring and spunky and that is the type of person i'm thinking about when choosing the stock for the store. I think we are the type of people who are willing to experiment with looks, sometimes we get it right sometimes we don't but we just have fun with fashion. Other fashion Capitals are so different as they have a rich history with fashion whereas most of our Australian labels are pretty much just starting out. They have labels that have been around for decades and are world wide reknowned.



Q: What advice would you give to aspiring fashionistas wanting to enter the fashion industry?
A: It's is such a competitive industry so if you have the passion and the drive, put aside your self doubt and fear and make the most of it.


Q: If you could have a dinner party with any eight people of your choosing who would they be and why?
A: I would want to relax and have a fun time so i would invite Chelsea handler, Hamish and Andy, Russell brand, Jason Segel, Ross Matthews, Michael Cera and Paul Rudd to keep me laughing for the whole night. Life can't always be serious.




Q: What is it you're hoping achieve by launching Esoteric Wardrobe?
A: I'm just looking to achieve and fulfilling my dream of running my own clothing store. I want to provide customers with the option of purchasing fashionable garments at affordable prices and also offering them special vintage finds that no one else will have. I love vintage clothing and who doesn't love a bargain!


Q: Do you think the internet has made a positive or negative impact on the fashion industry by adding an element of accessibility?
A: I believe the internet is fantastic for the fashion industry. It's an easy portal for people to communicate and showcase their love for fashion in different and creative ways such as blogging. It's so much easier to communicate and keep in touch with your customer base. It is great for networking, keeping up to date with what is happening around the world and it allows the fashion world to move and revolve at a faster pace. It brings out a competitive edge in everyone which makes them up their game and work harder for the customer.



Stay posted as I've a few features and interviews lined up for the coming weeks, so don't forget to check back!

Also you must (those who can facilitate google translate or read spanish) head over to my dear friend Paloma's blog Zelestina. It's really an intricate articulate read in spanish, I do love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...