30.9.09

Nicholas Kirkwood at BrownsFashion.

Well, since most my posts have not been longer than three lines, I thought I'd focus on Mr Kirkwood's artistry for this particular post. I love him. I love the shoes. I first came across them last year when Jak&Jil's Tommy Ton, took an amazing picture of them on someone's amazingly stylish feet and I thought to my 'My goodness, finally someone who's come up with a shoe I can wear!' I love the platform trademark style, the Spiderweb heel is what essentially won me over in all its glory. I imagine if this had been out before SATC ended, it would've found its way into Carrie, Miranda, Charlotte and Samantha's wardrobe, undoubtedly!

It's just an amazing style, I think you can pair it with basically anything. Jeans, dresses, shorts, skirts, t-shirt dresses and even dare I say it.. cropped pants.

Therefore, I think that Mr Kirkwood, has earned

Nicholas Kirkwood for

Style Influential's Shoe Designer

of the Year for 2009.


I mean a lot of good competitors were out there this year. The YSL tribute pump was all the rage at the beginning of the year, not to mention the thigh high boot produced by many fabulously creative people. However, I cannot help feel those items may be a little dated, personally I purchased a pair of OTK boots, I love them. I'll continually wear them, but if I came across a real-life Blair Wardolf, I'm positive she'd look at me in disgust if I were to wear them say, next winter. It's so unacceptable. (hahaha)

Anyway, Mr Kirkwood, thank you for this amazing exhibition of artistry and style for 2009 and I'm sure 2010 will see many more fabulous demonstrations of why you're climbing into our hearts and closets!



Source: BrownsFashion

First 20 people to comment with their emails will receive an invitation for the TheFashionSpot forum

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...