Sunday Morning.

After a very long shift at work last night, I slept in this morning and relaxed to a few tunes, in particular Alice in Chains - Nutshell, a great song to listen to whilst it's raining outside. Seriously, try it. It's serene.
Then I caught on up some daily reads (refer to links in side-bar) and logged onto tumblr (no I do not have a tumblr but I LOVE checking out the posters on there), and added quite a few new regulars to my link list, in particular Sabino who's a fellow Chilean, and law student AND photographer. I fell in love looking at his page and I think you will too.


I wish I'd taken pictures of the breakfast I'd made yesterday, it was divine, mainly inspired by a breakfast I had at one my friends' houses the other day.

Salmon-Feta Scrambled Eggs.





You Will Need:

2 Eggs.

2 Sliced Mushrooms.

Some sliced chives.

A finger of reduced-fat Danish Fetta Cheese

1 Slice of Smoked Salmon, cut into tiny pieces

2 Slices of Wholemeal toast.

Half a teaspoon of minced Garlic.

A dash of Olive Oil.




What you do:
1. Crack the two eggs into a mixing bowl and add the thinly sliced mushrooms, chives, salmon and chopped up fetta.
2. Mix until the eggs are completely blended in with the rest of the ingredients, let sit for a few minutes.
3. Preheat a non-stick frying pan on medium heat.
4. Take two slices of whole-meal bread and paste with a tiny bit of olive oil then spread some minced garlic on both slices.
5. Slice two pieces of bread into 8 finger width rectangles then place in toaster - most people would slice after toasting, I prefer prior to - because it toasts the entire finger slice all the way around (meaning more crunch).
6. Pour egg mixture into frying pan and stir with wooden spoon constantly, you do not want the egg to start sticking or become an omelette so keep stirring until the eggs are cooked to the extent you desire (running/well cooked - it's up to you).
7. Place ingredients on a nice plate and decorate with some extra chives if you like, and enjoy with your home made dipping bread.




Enjoy.





I've got to jet right now so I'm going to be back later with pretty visually satisfying post :)

xx

Comments

Popular Posts