9.1.09

Carine Roitfeld.

I don't have many muses, idols or aspirational characters. I'm an individual who marches to the beat of her own drum, usually. However, Carine (pronounced: Ca-rr-in) happens to be one of those fabulous independent women who've climbed to the top [a la Diane Von Furstenberg]. Hitting the mid-century mark in her age, she's at the top of her game and personally I would not have it any other way. I hear many people and rumours speculating that she will replace editors in the American market, although I have many opinions about what the US market wants and gets, compared to Europe, we'll leave my thoughts out of it, for now.




Time magazine has listed Carine, in the Top 100 Most Influential People of 2008. She's not from an unknown family but her talent is amazing. Perhaps she did not rise from the ruins of poverty (much like our adored Coco Chanel) but she is quite the muse. Photographed in pristine style, always, she sets an example that brains can also look stylish.






Carine Roitfeld celebrates the nefariously seductive spectrum of fashion - Adrian Corsin @ Jak&Jil.



Jak & Jil have many pictures of Carine and her colleagues during the busy collection unveilings. Many of which include, her flawless taste in footwear, yes we all know by now I'm in love with shoes*.



I feel, since I'm using this post to celebrate a true feminist in an unconventional form it's time to defend the fashion cause. Carine is an example of this cause and there will be more posts where I'll point out they are defenders of the fashion cause.










Read more about Carine here, here and here.

Source: Images from Jak&Jil

*My love of shoes does stem off a practical notion, I go by my law of style, clothes should be quality not 'quoi it is' (what it is) but shoes, the shoes should always be the killer item in the outfit accompanied by a fabulous bag or clutch. I don't care much for designer clothing because it usually is dated (unless you are buying basic eternal pieces).

12 comments:

  1. I love Carine Roitfeld's effortlessly chic Parisian style!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blog is lovely! Love the pictures =]

    ReplyDelete
  3. It happens the same to me, I don't have any idols or something like that, but I really like Carine.. must be because of her faaantastic closet ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your blog is great! I looove Carine! She has classic, chic amazing style.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. she's amazing! i wish to be like her when i grow up - still sexy and strong at her age!

    ReplyDelete
  6. she really dresses great and her shoes are fantastic also!! :)

    http://hellomisschic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. she's such an inspiration. i would LOVE to meet here
    would you like to exchange links?

    xoxo
    littlemissdressup.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love her always fantastic black looks :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I adore her. This is the only way i would agree to do motherhood. And she seems pretty friendly too.

    From my understanding carine grew up perhaps not insanely wealthy, but she lived pretty comfortably.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...